WTK’s attorneys have extensive skill and experience in representing both entities and individuals in a variety of business-related disputes. WTK has handled numerous partnership, contract, and real property litigation matters in state and federal courts as well as in alternative dispute resolution proceedings such as mediation and arbitration. We also provide counseling for clients when litigation appears possible but has not yet been initiated. While the types of disputes vary, WTK strives to meet one primary objective: to seek resolutions to each dispute consistent with our clients’ particular business needs and objectives.
- Represented oil and gas companies in various disputes with franchisees, including claims under the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act and California’s Franchise Dealers Fair Practices Act.
- Represented a major telecommunications company before the California Public Utilities Commission defending a claim alleging the company had imposed unauthorized charges on customers and failed to respond to complaints.
- Represented various financial institutions involving real estate disputes, foreclosures, unfair lending practice claims and trust management claims.
- Represented numerous businesses in disputes arising from day to day operations, including breach of contract, unfair business practices, fraud, negligent misrepresentation, trade secret violation and other commercial disputes.
- Prevailed in a jury trial defending a breach of contract and Unfair Business Practices claim and obtained an attorney fee award in excess of four hundred thousand dollars.
- Defended a manufacturer of telephone and alarm equipment in an action brought by an alarm installation and monitoring company alleging defects in the equipment and various breaches of the sales agreement.
- Represented senior employees of a software company in a breach of contract action to collect payments owed upon sale of the company.
- Represented the majority partner in an involuntary dissolution and breach of contract action concerning a partnership that owned a luxury hotel.
- Represented many clients in litigation related to the purchase, sale or leasing of real property.
- Defended the seller of undeveloped land in a breach of contract action brought by a would-be purchaser that failed to close escrow.
- Obtained a judgment of specific performance of a land sale agreement after trial.